Fast and Easy Diet Plans
If you have been searching for a while for a diet that will suit your needs and give you results, without being too hard to follow up, you are in the right place. We are going to analyze three diet plans namely the Atkins diet, the 1200 calorie diet, and the Mediterranean diet, so read on to get hopefully inspired on the next diet you start, and all the best while trying it out!
The Atkins Diet
The Atkins diet is supposed to help you lose about 6.5 kilograms in phase 1, which comprises the first two weeks, and over phase 2 and three, you will continue losing weight as long as you don’t consume more carbs than your body can take. You can eat as much fat and protein as you like, just stay away from the carbs and you will be okay. While the diet does admit you will initially lose a lot of water weight, if you stick to it you stand to lose weight, and keep it off and despite the high-fat content, levels of LDL are not raised, hence the success of this diet.
The four phases are:
- Induction, during which you should eat low carb vegetables, high protein, and high fat.
- Balancing, where you add more low carb vegetables, nuts, and fruits into your diet.
- Fine tuning, which is adding more carbs to your diet as you get close to your goal weight to slow weight loss.
- Maintenance, where you are now set to go and can eat as many healthy carbohydrates as your body will tolerate and not risk regaining the weight.
So that’s all there is to the Atkins diet, if you stick to it, you will reap the benefits and get the weight you want, and most importantly maintain it, what it needs most is your patience.
This diet is based on consuming the daily recommended minimum number of calories, which is 1200. This amount is adequate nutrition for most people and works on the concept that if you expend more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. People are also generally advised to consume fresh, unprocessed foods including fruits, whole grains and legumes, lean proteins, and vegetables to achieve better results.
Because it may be a bit difficult to do intense and excessive exercise, this plan is perfect for people who for any reason cannot get a lot of activity in their lives. Some great parts about this diet include:
- One may choose whatever food they want as long as they do not exceed the daily caloric intake.
- It is one of few diet plans that can be adapted to suit other special diets like vegetarian diets.
- Rapid weight loss experienced will motivate you to stick to a long-term plan.
The greatest downsides to this diet are that one has to constantly count calories, and be careful to avoid malnutrition. It is also not suited for very active individuals who experience hunger and fatigue due to low-calorie intake, and there is a risk of rebound weight gain when calories are increased. You must be willing to embrace positive lifestyle changes if this diet is to work for you, and learn to pick nutritionally balanced meals and include some physical activities in your daily life.
Although this is not a diet in the traditional sense, it is an eating plan that is based on the traditional meals and drinks that the people from countries surrounding the mediterranean sea used to eat as it was noted they were healthier than modern people are. There is no right or wrong way to do this diet, but the guidelines are as follows, and they can always be switched around to suit one’s particular needs:
- You should consume mainly fish, extra virgin oil, herbs and spices, seafood, whole grains, seeds, nuts, legumes, potatoes, fruits, and vegetables.
- You should eat yoghurt, cheese, poultry, and eggs in moderation.
- Eat red meat very rarely.
- Avoid added sugars, processed meats, refined oils and grains, artificially sweetened beverages, and all processed foods and additives.
While this plan may not be for losing weight, it is for those who wish to do their bodies good in the long run, and stop taxing their systems with lots of junk as is the norm these days. It also follows that as you get healthier, you will shed unnecessary weight, and this should be a plus though it may not happen as fast as with other diets.
Hopefully, you enjoyed the brief overview, and learned a thing or two about these popular diet plans, so now go out there and get the weight you want!